Wednesday 3 July 2013

Itching to get back on the bike tomorrow

I've had a rest day today as I had the school run today because my wife had a job interview at Sheffield hospital. Today has been a nice day and it is always a shame to forsake a ride on a good day. I've been reflecting on the weekend ride and decided to dig deep, £3.99 for some Chamois Cream. Probably too much detail for those of you who know what it is. If you don't know what it is, then feel free to look it up.

Hoping it will arrive in time for my big ride on Saturday, when I will be putting the new saddle through a more thorough test.


1 comment:

  1. Chamois Cream is good - especially if you're turning in heavy days mileage back to back... Of course, for the geriatrics like me, who were riding when the Chamois in shorts actually WAS Chamois (yup - that stuff the window cleaner uses to polish the panes with!) it was ESSENTIAL - have you seen how hard/rough chamois leather gets after washing/drying. The Chamois cream was more to soften/condition the shorts than to provide comfort/additional hygiene to the nether regions back then!

    ReplyDelete